Mar 3, 2010

Fun with Colours....

I finally succumb to the voice in my mind...
I had thought that I would not write a post on Holi, as have had an overdose of holi through FB status update, sms, phone calls, etc etc...
But, my mind, has a mind of its own... It refused to let me think anything till this post was done. So, here I am with my Holi story.

This year, Holi was fun, after many years... It started 3 days early.

Friday was the last working day before holi, so we colleagues decided to wish each other with colours before going home. It all started very 'decently' with only tilak on forehead. But, the colours had it's effect on all of us & soon we were all coloured in various colours. We ended up playing holi & having fun for over 1 & 1/2 hours. Donot ask the reaction of my folks when I reached home.

Saturday morning was spent in removing the traces of the earlier evening's fun, unsuccessfully.

Sunday was Holika Dahan & in the morning we were invited to a 'Holi Milan' programme hosted by Chitragupt Samaj in Dwarka. The crowd there was very cordial & decent initially but with the splash of colours & music taking over, the laughter & 'holi hai' sound kept getting louder. Dancing with coloured faces all around was fun. By the time we reached back home it was late afternoon & I was very tired. Somehow managed to take my bath & slipped into sweet slumber, only to be woken up by mom to have my dinner.

Monday morning had my fill of liver for breakfast & walked out to play holi. A gathering was organised in the main lawn of our society. After wishing few Uncles, Aunties & my age group guys, headed to the lawn for another round of fun!
1st March is Dad's birthday, so came back, baked a cake & managed to take a bath at 7 in the evening!

It was a fun filled, exhausting yet relaxing weekend.

No comments: