Feb 7, 2010

Driving Adventures - Part I

Driving adventures, another series that I intend to start as mentioned in my prelude post.

So here I am with Story - I

The everyday 'task' of driving to work & back can get quite boring & monotonous. Therefore, I like to spice it up with music & 'views' around me. So, like every other day I was humming to myself & stopped at a signal. Another car stopped right next to me & I looked straight into the smiling face of a cute looking guy.
I smiled back & his smiled broadened. The signal turned green, just then & I almost automatically zoomed on. I saw the cute guy right behind me & I soon realised that he was trying to overtake me.

I being myself, liked the challenge & ensured that I stayed ahead & kept eying him in my rear view mirror. At occasions, he did manage to come parallel to me and at such moments the smiles continued. Broader & brighter.

Soon, it seemed that he was giving up & I didn't want that to happen. So, I decided to go slow & let him overtake. The traffic was also heavy so it took him a while to get ahead. Infact for quite a while he kept driving parallel to my car with occasional exchanged glances. Then, his lane moved faster & he moved ahead of me for the first time. As soon as that happened, I almost shouted in frustration. Not because he overtook me, because he had a 'Baby on Board' sticker stuck at the back.!!!!
I changed lanes & got lost in the traffic. I saw him slowing his car but the traffic did not allow him to.

What a waste of time, I thought.
Later, I recounted the whole thing to a friend & she told me that I jumped to conclusion too soon. As per her, he could have been driving his brother's/friend's/relatives car, hence the sticker...

Aaarrrggg, I went. Lost opportunity??? I don't know...
But, wiser, definitely. Better luck to me next time....

1 comment: