Today is suppose to be special. A day to spread love.
There are many who believe that we do not need one day to express love, we can do that everyday. But the question is, do we do that?
We need a special day to remind us of all that is beautiful in our life. We tend to forget to pay gratitude to people, things and events that make us tick in the rush of everyday life. Hence, we need to have a day when we can stop and smell the roses and be thankful for everything in our life.
Today is a day dedicated to someone special in our life. I believe, it can not be just one special someone in our life. I have many special someones who are part of different parts of my life.
For me today is a day to say thank you and express my gratitude to all who have made me smile and have made me a different person. I do this every year and many times through the year. I am doing it again today.
A big thank you to;
- My complete family who bear my many mood swings, weirdness and my 'kick ass' ideas about life, work and anything in general.
- My parents who are responsible for all the good in me.
- My sister who is just there. My silent pillar of strength.
- My school friends who have been with me through the years. Taking my stupidities and my idea of fun in their stride.
- My 2 AM friends... Yes, I am lucky to have more than one such friend.
- My colleagues who are always willing to help. They are my biggest support when I am going through a bad day at work.
- My colleagues from the past who are still part of my life and have over the years provided great insights and helped me become a better professional.
- My bosses. I have had my share of ups and downs with all of them but at the end of the day, they have made me understand the nuances and the big picture.
- My office runner boys. They always attend to my various demands for coffee, food, water with a smile.
- My friend who never fails to share a thought, trend or way forward when he sees it and if he feels it will benefit me.
- My friend who taught me that 'Anger' is one word short of 'Danger'.
- My society watchman who runs to open the gate even at odd hours.
- A person who has given me so much insight on me without knowing it.
- My friend with who I can sing the shitty songs of 90s and accept that I actually like many of them.
I have learned that life changes everyday. We change everyday and one should express gratitude to all who have walked by us. Everyone teach us something knowingly or unknowingly. It is up to us to receive or let go what we are offered.