Feb 3, 2007

Back With My Scooter

In my last post I had shared my experience of dancing while driving.

The new experience makes me laugh and thank God at the same time.
Well, not so long ago as always I was getting ready to leave for home.

So as usual after collecting my stuff which include a bag, an empty tiffin, the helmet, the jacket, then connected the mobile to the hands free, switched on the FM, wore my anti-glare, located the scooters key (phew!) and walked out.

As soon as I walked out of the building I saw two of my colleagues coming back from a meeting and after exchanging good byes we continued our respective task, I started walking to the parking and they puffing there already lite cigarettes.

Again, as always I placed the tiffin and then my bag in the front carrier of my scooter, unlocked the scooter, wore the helmet, pulled it off stand, turned it in the direction of the road, put the stand back, kick started it, boarded it and when I was about to put it in gear I saw another of my colleague joining the earlier ones. He was standing at the corner of the road and my naughty self was in mood of full action.
The scooter moved and I stopped it right in front of my colleague trying to make him edgy by racing the accelerator and making the scooter move forward a notch and then stopping it again.
Soon I decided to let go (after all it was my petrol which was burning!). After another round of good byes I started off.

The scooter lunged forward and before I could realise I along with my scooter was on the ground.
The first instinct was to get up and hope no one has seen me fall...

Unfortunately I saw not just my colleagues but security guards, drivers and other people present there run towards me.

The colleague whom I was troubling reached me first and help me remove my helmet and assess the damage. Nothing much was evident that time.

Now the million dollar question... How did it happen?
I don't know.
My colleagues.. don't know. They heard a loud bang and saw me flat on the ground.

The line "Humpty Dumpty had a great fall" came to my mind and seemed so apt.
I started laughing and my colleagues joined me.

I suddenly remembered to access the damage done to my scooter and was hurt to see what had happened.

Anyways when I reached home I realised the full impact of the fall as my both palms, knees and stomach were paining. My right hand had suffered the biggest blow and was scratched from the elbow to the palm with blood oozing out nicely.

A freak accident, but a thought which came to my mind seconds after the fall was Thank You God for this and not something bigger!

Well the physical damage I suffered has almost healed but till date I don't know how it happened.

4 comments:

Itchingtowrite said...

poor you!!! how r u now

Indrajit said...

hmm, thanks 2 god 4 small mercies...
but keep up the Daredevilry..

Pritesh Jain said...

happens...
duniya ke bade bade deshon me choti choti baatein hoti rahti hai...

Anonymous said...

Seeing these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is everywhere in this day and age, and I can say with 99% certainty that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further develops, the possibility of uploading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4i SDHC[/url] DS ZKwa)