Jun 30, 2009

I am smiling....

I am happy.... Actually very happy! Let me not jump the gun and start from where it restarted!
Many people would be euphoric to have touched base with friends from past courtesy social networking sites. I also belong to the same group. Well, I have made friends & lost touch with lots of people over the years, some acquaintances and few good friends.

With Dad's postings this cycle would get repeated every time. In fact if I think back about all the stations Dad got posted to, I could list out atleast 3 friends in each station who could be called close friends. But there as some people who touch few cords in your heart and become too precious. I too met people who meant a lot to me & was lucky that the feeling was reciprocated.

The social networking sites helped me get back in touch with many of my friends. But, among many there was this one person I was desperately looking for and it seemed that she had vanished into thin air. I tried all I could to find her but invain.

One fine day , a mail drops in my mail box which starts with, 'xyz (a name similar to her's) has contacted you....'. At that moment I was preoccupied and was about to leave office for a prefixed meeting. It just didn't strike me that it could be her so instead of probing further I left for the meeting and my day to day work. I came back to office late in the evening and while checking new mails reread the message and just out of curiosity opened my account.....

My colleague came over and asked if all was ok.!!.. I could not believe my eyes for few minutes. The friend I was searching had found me!
Her message started with a 'remember me' line.!! I laughed reading it & thought, 'only if she knew.........' This was 6 months back and we are back in touch & how!

This happened because of the social networking site. But for it I don't think I would have ever managed to find her! Welcome back in my life......................

2 comments:

Noceur said...

so true.....these sites have heplped me find apart from other good friends ,my childhood best friend.

Unknown said...

Cool.... Thats great.. I can so understand the happiness!