Dec 9, 2006

Freedom

I have been driving my two wheeler for a long time and I am very sensitive about it.

I get very offened if someone calls my Scooter, 'scooty' coz I dont drive a non geared vehicle as I Hate them.

I have driven my scooter at all possible speeds and there was a time when we friends used to compete to drive the slowest....On the contrary We used to indulge in racing too....
But those were my school/college days!
Driving my scooter later had become just a necessity and somehow I just stopped driving.

About 2 years back I started driving again.
I once again realised the joy of driving, rediscoverd the feeling of ecstasy when the breeze kisses your face!
But this joy was not long lived and again I went back to days without my scooter.

I was back on the seat of my scooter few months ago but the elation I used to feel was missing and driving it from IP Extn to Okhla -III & back had become a normal, monotonus routine.

But all changed today.

I like most days was running late for work and to top it all there was a HUGE traffic jam from Sarai Kale Khan till Ashram which meant a delay of atleast 1/2 hour.
I dont know what came to my mind and I made a U turn and took the Pragati Maidan way to Okhla via Jangpura and Nehru Place. After I crossed Pragati Maidan, I was pleasently surpried to get traffic less road and I raced up the accelator and was driving at a speed of slightly above 80 km/hr. But before I could start enjoying it, I reached office! I must add, in time....

But opportunity knocked my door again.
Later in the day, I was running late for a very important meeting in NOIDA and to cover up the lost time, I decided to drive down.
I took the DND Flyway and I didn't realise when I reached my destination. The most surprising part was that I didn't think about the meeting at all.

So on my way back I again took the DND Flyway and relived the joy of driving.
I rediscovered the feeling of ecstacy when the breeze kisses your face, driving with half closed eyes with a smile playing on your face.

I felt that the glass wall around me has broken!

The breeze had taken away all my worries and the capacity of few emotions to make me gloomy. Oh I was alive again.
I was free......................... yet again!

5 comments:

Invincible said...

nice post on scooty!!lolz...

ashwin said...

Nice post about your driving experience .It's a good feeling to drive your machine after a long gap.
Checked your blog thru orkut community.If you have time, do visit my blog

neha said...

nice post and nice blog name , per appne humara dil tod diya masti2.blogspot.com shayad appne dhang se nhi padha isliye 6.5 per us blog pe itna traffic hai becuase of radio station jo kisi pe nhi hoga.

Amit Bajaj said...

your intro gave me a lote of hope..but i was a trife disappointed! ironical na, considering what i had come for - a chhoti khushi..

Pritesh Jain said...

Thank God you not living in Bangalore. :)
nice post.