Jul 10, 2006

Work Place Politics!

Politics! A word that brings a frown on almost everyones face.... A dirty game we all watch and comment with all our heart and mind but don't want to get into....

Something similar goes for politics in a workplace scenario only difference is we can't stay away from it.
The reason.. purely selfish... If you don't get in there someone else will steal the limelight.
I don't understand that why can't people just get on with there respective work, but I guess thats the only thing they do'nt know how to do.
So in order to cover up this important deficiency they work on their "Strengths"...

In the process they tend to walk over many genuine people leaving a feeling of discontenment...

So with my experience of life and corporate world.. I have learned a very very important leasson.......
BALANCE.. Yes Balance.. If you can work out the correct receipe of working with pride and appreciation where the main ingredients are work and power politics, then you have hit the bulls eye dude....

I guess I am learning the ropes of getting there to maintain this 'healthy' balance between work and politics...

I feel like applauding myself for this 'achivement' for 'improving' from an obsessed workaholic to my current level...
But sometimes I feel that I am abusing my cababilities and intelligent but then reconcile by thinking that you win some you lose some..

I donno if I am right or wrong..

Time has been my best healer and time will tell....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really very true..
And i thought it happens in my workplace only..
my experience about work politics..
when i joined my workplace every body was so sweet we use to crack jokes and enjoy the time at the same time do lots of work..
after some time i found out that every body is enjoying and i have to work till late night bcos i have to complete their pending work
if any thing goes well the person would say he has done a good job but if some things goes wrong i was to be blamed ..
but thank god i continued my work with 110 % dedication and was just trying to increase my knowledge ...
other were thinking yes Noor is a fool he does every body's work ..
but i was understanding all the funda of our organization and information about all the department...
when we received a pay hike I was one of the guy at the bottom of increment list , really i was shattered, in spite of working so hard , peanuts..
but i continued my work with more aggression , but started to show to my superior what all i do..
and literally started to kill the competition
and myself become the completion , every body statarted to say see how much work noor is doing ,since I used to help all people, irrespective of their department , i was the only guy having all the info about all the dept..
Now i m one of the top most guy in my organisation..
that to in a span of 3 years , last year , got highest increment in the organisation
my mantra is simple you may call it politics
but it is simple
make other people lazy i mean superiors and colleague, that is do their work..
you would be grand success

Hey by reading this crap you have wasted 5 minutes, get back to work
And remember to kill the competition

P.S. do you write these articles or are they copy paste
Indeed very balanced articles and interesting

Known Stranger said...

what is the point in going to war field to preach peach wwhen we dont knwo the rules apply in war feild.

what is the point in sending the envoy for medical assistance to war stuck nations when the rules of war are not known.

what is the point in living if we know not the politics rules whether in country or corporate.

since time immemorial men does it . some with force, some with smile some with sword some with mind, some with seductiion, soem with love, some with sex.. etc etc

politics will thrive till human race exists

Indrajit said...

i had experienced such in my
prev. indstry..